2019 Chevy Equinox vs. Mazda CX-5 Near Evanston, IL
Do you need a new compact SUV, but aren’t sure which model is best for your lifestyle? Choose between two popular models: the 2019 Chevy Equinox and 2019 Mazda CX-5. These vehicles have a plethora of advanced features and exhilarating performance capabilities to take advantage of, so continue reading to learn more. We also encourage you to browse the new vehicle inventory at our Chevy dealership near Evanston, IL to see available Equinox models and trims.
We’ll be looking at the 2019 Chevy Equinox LT 1.6L Turbo Diesel, starting at $30,695 MSRP, and 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring, starting at $30,045 MSRP.
We think you’ll enjoy the impressive performance of both the Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5, but the Equinox’s diesel engine stands out, as it’s the only model of the two available with this unique engine. The Equinox’s 1.6L turbo diesel engine delivers 39 MPG on the highway while the Mazda CX-5 only gets 31 MPG on the highway. Both vehicles are equipped with a 6-speed automatic transmission and available with all-wheel drive.
Interior & Exterior Features
The Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5 share features like heated front seats, but there are many options that make them unique. You can explore key interior and exterior differences in the list that follows:
- A power sunroof is standard on both models, but the Equinox gives you the option of a panoramic power sunroof.
- Chrome roof-mounted side rails are standard on only the Chevy Equinox.
- Only the Chevy Equinox comes with high-intensity discharge headlamps.
Technology & Safety
The Equinox and Mazda CX-5 will help you stay connected and protected out on the road. However, the Chevy Equinox has a few more features you’ll come to love.
- Both vehicles come with a rear view camera, but the Equinox’s available HD rear view camera provides a clearer image on the infotainment screen.
- Both vehicles also come with a touchscreen infotainment system, but the Equinox is available with the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus System with navigation and 8-in. diagonal HD touchscreen.
- The 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot is standard on the Equinox exclusively.
Schedule a 2019 Chevy Equinox Test Drive Today!
Get behind the wheel of the new Equinox when you schedule a test drive at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago. You can contact the team at our Chevy dealership near Evanston, IL for more information by using our online form or calling (773) 465-2000.