2019 Chevy Equinox vs. Ford Escape Differences Near Evanston, IL
Are you interested in getting behind the wheel of the latest compact SUV? The hardest part is deciding which model is best for your needs, so the Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago team has pared your options down to two popular options: the 2019 Chevy Equinox and 2019 Ford Escape. The following comparison will cover essential features on both of these models to help you get a sense of which works best for your needs. You can browse the new vehicle inventory at our Chevy dealership near Evanston, IL to get started on your new vehicle search.
In this comparison, we’ll be looking at the 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0L Turbo, starting at $34,995 MSRP, and 2019 Ford Escape Titanium, starting at $32,620 MSRP.
Whether you choose the Equinox or Escape, you’ll benefit from an outstanding performance. However, the Chevy Equinox’s engine gives you a little more oomph, delivering 252 HP with its 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder engine. The Escape’s 2.0L turbo engine delivers only 245 HP. Another performance feature you’re sure to love is the 9-speed automatic transmission on the 2019 Equinox, which is a significant advantage over the Escape’s 6-speed automatic transmission.
Interior & Exterior Features
Drivers who need style, functionality, and comfort during their daily drive will love what the interior and exterior features of the 2019 Chevy Equinox and Ford Escape have to offer. You can see top features and differences below.
- You’ll find 19-in. ultra-bright machined aluminum wheels with sparkle silver pockets only on the Chevy Equinox. The Ford Escape comes with 19-in. wheels as well.
- Heated front seats are standard on the Chevy Equinox. This feature is not available on the Ford Escape.
- Heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators are standard on only the Chevy Equinox.
Technology & Safety
If technological advancements are important to you, the Chevy Equinox and Ford Escape surely have the features you’re looking for. From driver assist to connectivity options, these compact SUVs are certainly leaders in their segment.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi® is standard on only the Chevy Equinox.
- The Bose® premium sound system is standard on the Chevy Equinox. The Ford Escape features a Sony audio system.
- Both vehicles come with a rear view camera system, but the Equinox’s HD camera provides clearer images for more precise driving.
Schedule a Test Drive at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago
Take the 2019 Equinox for a test drive by scheduling an appointment at our Chevy dealership near Evanston, IL today! For more information, reach out to Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago by sending a message or calling (773) 465-2000 to speak with a product specialist directly.