2016 Chevrolet Trax vs. The 2016 Jeep Renegade
2016 Chevrolet Trax
2016 Jeep Renegade
Both the 2016 Chevy Trax and the 2016 Jeep Renegade are in the newly hot subcompact crossover utility vehicle segment. Both offer the utility you want, with high fuel economy, and car-like driving manners on the road, so they’re probably a better choice for most drivers than a full-size SUV. If you’ve narrowed your search down to these two models, you can see how they match up right here:
- Fuel Economy: If you’re looking for a subcompact crossover, fuel economy is obviously more important to you than muscle. The Trax offers an impressive 26 mpg city/34 mpg highway with front wheel drive. The Renegade does not compare with only 24 mpg city/31 mpg highway based on EPA estimates.
- Features: The Chevy Trax offers more high tech, upscale features, including Bluetooth connectivity for handsfree calling, navigation features, and the OnStar telematics system, which provide in-car 4G LTE and in-car WiFi hotspot, and important features like automatic collision notification, stolen vehicle assistance, and enhanced roadside assistance. None of those come standard in the Jeep.
- Cargo Space: The Chevy Trax offers more interior cargo space with all seats in place at 18.7 cubic feet.
- Complimentary Maintenance: When you buy any Chevy you get 2 years worth of complimentary scheduled maintenance. That includes oil changes, regular 27-point inspections, a tire rotation, and more. Jeep doesn’t provide anything like that.
- Safety: The Chevy Trax gets both rear seat side impact airbags—a feature that’s not available on the Jeep.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago
Come drive the Trax at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago today. Based on our detailed comparison, it seems like the Trax is the clear winner in this matchup. We’re your local Park Ridge and Chicagoland Chevy dealer and we’re located at 5333 W. Irving Park Rd. in Chicago, IL, so visit us today to find out more about this efficient little subcompact crossover sport utility vehicle.