2016 Chevrolet Sonic vs. 2016 Ford Fiesta
The current 2016 Chevrolet Sonic is a great choice if you’re looking for a small car—but if you’re planning to purchase a subcompact hatchback or sedan, then the 2016 Ford Fiesta could also be on your radar. Thankfully, the choice isn’t hard, because the Sonic simply has many major advantages over the Fiesta. Take a look at this detailed comparison below in order to see for yourself why the Sonic is clearly the better option for most drivers.
- Fuel Economy: Take a look at the EPA estimate for the base Fiesta and you get 28 mpg city/36 mpg highway. The Sonic is capable of up to 29 mpg city/40 mpg highway based on EPA estimates.
- Power: The base Fiesta engine makes only 120 hp and 112 lb-ft of torque. The base Sonic comes with a 138 hp 1.8L four-cylinder engine, clearly delivering superior performance.
- Warranty Coverage: The Fiesta is covered by a powertrain warranty that lasts a total of 60,000-miles or 5-years. The Chevrolet powertrain warranty lasts longer at 100,000-miles/5-years. Roadside assistance matches the length of the powertrain warranty in both cases.
- Maintenance: You’ll save money with the Sonic because it comes standard with two years of included regular maintenance. The Fiesta does not include any maintenance.
- Technology: The Sonic includes the OnStar system with telematics features like automatic emergency notification and remote door unlocking, plus the new 4G LTE wireless connectivity with in-car WiFi hotspot. The Ford SYNC offers some of those emergency features, but only when you have a smartphone connected. The Sonic doesn’t require that to do the job.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago Today
It’s clear based on this comparison that the Chevrolet Sonic is the better choice. Come check out the Sonic at Mike Anderson Chevrolet at 5333 W. Irving Park Rd. in Chicago, IL. We have the latest Chevy Sonic, along with the rest of the current Chevy lineup, so come visit us if you’re looking for a new car in the Chicagoland and Park Ridge area.