The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado vs. The 2016 Ford F-150
2016 Chevrolet Silverado
2016 Ford F-150
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you probably know that the 2016 Chevy Silverado and the 2016 Ford F-150 are two of the best selling vehicles in America, and they have been for decades. These two trucks are beloved for their hauling capacity, and their go-anywhere capability. Both have been thoroughly updated in recent years. Take a look at how they compare below:
- Fuel Economy: Both models get a 20 mpg combined estimate from the EPA with base V6 engine and rear-wheel drive, or 19 mpg with all-wheel drive. When it comes to V8 efficiency, the Chevy wins out with its 19 mpg combined rear-wheel drive or 18 mpg combined all-wheel drive rating; the F-150 is 1 mpg behind each estimate.
- Power: The 5.0L V8 in the Ford F-150 produces 385 hp and 387 lb-ft of torque. The Silverado is available with a 6.2L V8 that churns out 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. When comparing V8 powered models, you’ll find that the Silverado offers more muscle.
- Towing: The 6.2L V8 Chevy is able to pull up to 12,000 pounds, while the Ford with V8 is only able to pull 11,100 pounds.
- Measurements: The Chevrolet Silverado offers more head room up front, and more leg room both front and rear when you compare the crew cab models. You and your passengers will appreciate the extra room to stretch out in the Chevy.
- Features: The Silverado gets the latest technology, including OnStar 4G LTE connection and in-car WiFi hotspot for up to seven devices. The Ford SYNC system doesn’t include those features, and it doesn’t even come standard in the Ford F-150. The OnStar system is standard in the Silverado.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago
Come learn more about the latest Chevrolet Silverado today here at Mike Anderson Chevrolet, your local Chicago area Chevy dealer. We always carry a wide variety of Silverado models, so visit our dealership at 5333 W. Irving Park Rd. in Chicago. We’re just minutes from Park Ridge, and anywhere else in the Chicagoland area, so come find your next truck today!