2016 Chevrolet Impala LTZ vs. 2016 Toyota Avalon Limited
The 2016 Chevrolet Impala and the 2016 Toyota Avalon Limited might be on your radar if you’re shopping for a new upscale large sedan. Both of these models come with luxury level features with more accessible price points. See how they compare.
- Price: The Toyota Avalon Limited will set you back $40,450, but the Impala 2LTZ starts at just $35,540.
- Power: In the 2016 Chevrolet Impala, you have a 3.6L V6 under the hood that makes a healthy 305 hp and 264 lb-ft of torque. The Avalon Limited is equipped with a 3.5L V6 engine that lags behind with 268 hp and 248 lb-ft of torque.
- Fuel Economy: The most efficient Impala comes with a 2.5L four-cylinder engine that yields a 22 mpg city and 31 mpg highway, based on EPA estimates. The most efficient Avalon is rated at 21 mpg city and31 mpg highway, making the former the better option. The Chevrolet also has a 18.5 gallon fuel tank—that’s 1.5 gallons bigger than the one in the Avalon, meaning fewer stops to refuel.
- Warranty Coverage: While both of these vehicles offer a three-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile warranty, the 2016 Chevrolet Impala comes with five years or 60,000 miles of roadside assistance. The Avalon only comes with two years or 25,000 miles for the same service.
- Features: Comparing the high-end trim levels of these large sedans is difficult because they both come loaded with almost every feature you can imagine. However, the one thing the Avalon is missing is a telematics system. In the Impala, you have OnStar, which offers automatic emergency services, stolen vehicle assistance, remote unlocking, and a 4G LTE wireless connection with Wi-Fi hotspot. The Avalon doesn’t incorporate such features.
Mike Anderson Chevrolet Serves Chicagoland
You can drive the latest 2016 Chevrolet Impala at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago right now. Visit our showroom at 5333 West Irving Park Road in Chicago, IL to test-drive the latest Impala or any other Chevrolet model. We think you’ll find that the Impala is the clear winner when compared to the Avalon so stop by today!