2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray vs. 2016 Porsche 911
The 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray and the 2016 Porsche 911 are leading sports cars that deliver serious performance, sublime handling, and bold styling. These two cars are probably both choices you’d add to your car collection if you had unlimited space in your garage; but since chances are you don’t, you probably have to pick one. Consider this comparison before you make your decision:
- Price: For 2016, the Chevy Corvette Stingray starts at $55,400 MSRP. The Porsche 911 starts at $84,300 MSRP. The range-topping Corvette Z06 starts at $79,400—which is obviously less than the base 911. The range-topping 911 Turbo S will cost more than twice that at $182,700 MSRP.
- Power: The base Corvette Stingray starts with a 6.2L V8 engine that produces 460 hp and 465 lb-ft of torque with sport exhaust. The Porsche 911 comes standard with a 3.4L six-cylinder that generates 350 hp. The Corvette Z06 comes with a supercharged 6.2L V8 that cranks out 650 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque. The top tier 911 Turbo S model—which costs more than twice the price of the Z06—only makes 570 hp.
- Performance: The Corvette Stingray rockets from 0 to 60 mph in only 4.0 seconds while the base 911 will take 4.2 seconds. The Corvette Z06 will do the same in an astonishing 3.0 seconds, while the 911 Turbo S takes the same time to do the spring.
- Fuel: The base Porsche 911 receives an EPA estimate of 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway. The Corvette Stingray rates at 17 mpg city/29 mpg highway based on EPA estimates. Remember that base Corvette has a 100 hp advantage over the base Porsche 911.
- Warranty: The Corvette Stingray is backed by a 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, while the Porsche 911 only gets a 4-year/50,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet in Chicago
You can drive the current Chevy Corvette here at Mike Anderson Chevrolet. We’re the leading Park Ridge area Chevy dealer and we’re located at 5333 W. Irving Park Rd. in Chicago, IL, so stop by today to find out all about this world class sports car!