2016 Chevrolet Sonic vs. 2016 Honda Fit
The 2016 Chevrolet Sonic and the 2016 Honda Fit both check boxes for drivers in need of a smart, efficient, fun car for commuting and getting around the city. Both cars make it easy to jump behind the wheel of a subcompact hatchback because they both offer all the latest features you want at a price you can afford. Of course, there are some major differences between the two, so read on to see which one will be a better choice for you:
- Power: The Sonic uses a 1.8L four-cylinder engine that generates 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque, but there’s also an optional 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder that makes 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque. The Fit can only be equipped with a 1.5L four-cylinder engine that makes 130 hp and 114 lb-ft of torque. The Sonic should be quicker with either engine option.
- Efficiency: The Honda Fit earns an EPA estimate of 29 mpg city/37 mpg highway with a manual, or 32 mpg city/38 mpg highway with a continuously variable transmission in the EX trim level. The Sonic earns an incredible 29 mpg city/40 mpg highway with turbocharged 1.4L four-cylinder and manual transmission or slightly less with the automatic.
- Warranty Coverage: Chevrolet provides 100,000-miles/5-years of powertrain coverage and roadside assistance. Honda only has you covered for 60,000-miles/5-years. The Sonic also gets two years of included maintenance, and Honda does not offer any included maintenance.
- Telematics: The Chevrolet Sonic comes standard with the sophisticated OnStar telematics system with 4G LTE wireless connectivity with in-car WiFi hotspot. You won’t find anything like that, for any price, on the Honda Fit.
- Price: The Honda Fit will set you back $15,790 MSRP in the most basic configuration. The most affordable Chevrolet Sonic comes in at $14,345 MSRP.
- Body Style: The Sonic can be had in both a sedan and a hatchback body style. The Fit doesn’t give you a choice, it’s only a hatchback.
Visit Mike Anderson of Chicago
Come drive the latest Chevy Sonic here at Mike Anderson Chevrolet, your leading Chicago and Park Ridge area Chevy dealership. We’re located at 5333 W. Irving Park Rd. in Chicago, and we’re happy to help you find your next vehicle today!