2016 Chevrolet Equinox vs. 2016 Ford Escape
You’re looking for a compact crossover and you want the best combination of efficiency, technology, safety, and versatility. Two top competitors in your search include the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox and the 2016 Ford Escape. Both of these vehicles come packed with the features that drivers here in the Chicagoland area want. So how do they compare? Read on to find out.
- Fuel Economy: Comparing apples to apples—or front wheel drive models equipped with six-speed automatic transmissions and base engines—you find that the Equinox is simply more efficient. The Equinox is rated at 22 mpg city/32 mpg highway based on EPA estimates. The Escape is rated at 22 mpg city/31 mpg highway based on EPA estimates.
- Power: When it comes to power and performance, you’ll find that the Equinox is in the lead as well, with an output of 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque. The Ford only makes 168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque. The Equinox should have an easier time accelerating onto the freeway.
- Technology: The Equinox gets the OnStar Telematics system with automatic emergency notification service and more standard. The Ford is missing a telematics system. The Chevy OnStar System also includes a 4G LTE wireless connection and in-car WiFi hotspot—the Ford lacks those as well.
- Interior Features: The Equinox comes standard with power front seats and a navigation system. Neither of those are standard on the Escape.
- Warranty: While these two vehicles offer identical warranty coverage—3-years/36,000-miles of basic coverage and 5-years/60,000-miles of drivetrain coverage—the Chevrolet comes standard with 2 years worth of regular maintenance.
- Price: When you factor in destination fees, the Equinox is about $1,000 less expensive than the Ford Escape. The base Equinox will set you back $23,495, while the Ford Escape will cost a total of $24,485.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet
If you’re shopping for a new crossover here in Chicagoland then don’t miss out on the latest Chevrolet Equinox. We think that the Equinox is the easy decision in this matchup. Come visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet at 5333 W. Irving Park Rd. in Chicago, IL. We hope to see you soon!