2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray vs 2016 Porsche Cayman
The 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray and the 2016 Porsche Cayman are both desirable sports cars that offer driving thrills and impressive performance. Plus, while these two cars might be some of the most coveted performance vehicles on the market, they both clock in under $60,000 to start, so you can think of them as something as a bargain. Find out how they compare head to head, so you can pick the one that works best for you:
- Power: The Corvette Stingray is more powerful than any Cayman. The top run Cayman uses a 3.8L six-cylinder to make 385 hp. The base Corvette with sport exhaust generates 460 hp with its 6.2L V8 engine, while the Corvette Z06 makes a massive 650 hp with a supercharged version of the same small block V8.
- Performance: While the fastest Cayman, the GT4, is capable of an impressive 0 to 60 mph sprint time of 4.2 seconds, it won’t keep up with the Corvette. The base Corvette Stingray will hit 60 mph in 4.0 seconds in the Z51 trim, while the Z06 will do the same in just 3.0 seconds.
- Fuel: Consider the fact that the Corvette Stingray with 450 hp will yield 17 mpg city/29 mpg on the highway. The top rung Cayman GT4 with 385 hp is only good for 18 mpg city/23 mpg highway based on EPA estimates.
- Price: The Corvette has a starting MSRP of $51,995, while the Porsche Cayman starts at $53,550 MSRP.
- Warranty: Chevrolet backs the Corvette for a powertrain warranty of 5-years/100,000 miles. The Porsche powertrain is only covered for 4-years/50,000-miles.
- Maintenance: The Corvette comes with a complimentary 2-years of regular maintenance. No maintenance is included with your purchase of the Porsche.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevy in Chicago
Come test drive the latest Chevy Corvette Stingray here at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago. We’re your leading Park Ridge area Chevy dealer and we’re located at 5333 W. Irving Park Rd. in Chicago, IL, and we have the current Corvette in stock now. We think that you’ll find the Corvette the better deal than the Cayman—it’s faster, it’s more affordable, and it’s more efficient in some trims. It’s simply a world-class sports car like nothing else on the road!