2015 Chevrolet Sonic vs. 2015 Ford Fiesta
2015 Chevrolet Sonic
2015 Ford Fiesta
The 2015 Chevrolet Sonic and the 2015 Ford Fiesta are both competitive compact cars that come in hatchback and sedan flavors. They might both offer remarkable fuel economy, smart features, and easy to park proportions, but that doesn’t mean they’re both equally good choices for Chicagoland drivers. Read on to see how these two fun little cars really compare.
- Fuel Economy: The base Chevy Sonic comes standard with an EPA rating of 26 mpg city/35 mpg highway with the manual transmission. The base Ford Fiesta clocks in at roughly the same: 28 mpg city/36 mpg highway with the manual transmission according the EPA. That’s not the end of the story, however, because with the Sonic you can opt for a 1.4L turbo four cylinder that is rated at 29 mpg city/40 mpg highway, which is obviously far and away better than the base Ford Fiesta.
- Power: The Sonic comes with a 1.8L four-cylinder that makes 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque while the turbo 1.4L makes 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque. Fiesta’s 1.6L four-cylinder only makes 120 hp and 112 lb-ft of torque. The other engine in the Fiesta is an optional 1.0L turbocharged three-cylinder that makes only 123 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque. The Sonic will clearly be more fun to drive.
- Warranty Coverage: Chevy simply stands behind their vehicles longer with a 100,000-miles/5-years of powertrain coverage and roadside assistance. The Ford Fiesta gets 60,000-miles/5-years of coverage. The Sonic also gets two years of included maintenance, which really adds up when you consider how much oil changes cost—the Ford doesn’t offer any maintenance service.
- Telematics: Every Sonic comes standard with OnStar telematics and 4G LTE wireless connectivity with in-car WiFi hotspot. If you’re looking for high tech features like that in the Ford, you’ll be looking a long time, because they just aren’t on the options list.
- Price: The Sonic starts at $14,245 MSRP, making it one of the most affordable subcompact cars around. It undercuts the price of the Ford by a couple hundred dollars, so if you need more reasons to choose the Sonic, you can count them in savings.
Visit Mike Anderson of Chicago
Here at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago, we think that the Sonic is the clear choice in this comparison. Come visit us today at 5333 W. Irving Park Rd. in Chicago to see for yourself!