2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray vs 2015 Porsche 911
The 2015 Chevy Corvette Stingray and the 2015 Porsche 911 are both leading sports cars. If you’re considering an upgrade, it would be hard to top either of these models—especially for the money. Unless you’re spending a half-million dollars or more, you won’t find two vehicles that are quicker and more satisfying to drive than these. Even then, it’s debatable whether any car is a better driver than the Corvette Stingray or the Porsche 911. But how do they compare? Let’s take a closer look.
- Power: The base Corvette Stingray uses a 6.2L V8 engine to crank out a massive 460 hp with the optional sport exhaust, while the Corvette Z06 makes a massive 650 hp. The base 911 makes 350 hp with a 3.4L flat six, and the top tier Turbo S tops out at 560 hp.
- Performance: The Corvette Stingray will run from 0 to 60 mph in a mere 4.0 seconds, while the Corvette Z06 will do the same in an astonishing 3.0 seconds. The base 911 will take 4.2 seconds to get to 60 mph.
- Fuel: The base Porsche 911 with 3.4L flat six cylinder earns a 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway EPA estimate, while the considerably more powerful Corvette earns 17 mpg city/29 mpg highway based on EPA estimates.
- Price: The Corvette Stingray starts at just $55,000 MSRP. The Porsche 911 starts at $84,300 MSRP, and for the top tier model you’ll be paying an eye-watering $182,700 MSRP. For reference, the range-topping Corvette Z06 starts at $79,000 MSRP—quite a bit less than the base 911.
- Warranty: Chevy even backs up the powertrain on the Corvette with a superior warranty when compared to that of the Porsche 911. The Corvette’s powertrain is covered by a 5-years/100,000 miles warranty. The Porsche 911’s engine and transmission is only covered for 4-years/50,000-miles.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevy in Chicago
Come test drive the latest Chevy Corvette Stingray here at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago. We think you’ll be impressed with the Corvette and find that it offers a superior blend of performance and value when compared to the 911. We’re your local Park Ridge area Chevy dealer and we’re located at 5333 W. Irving Park Rd. in Chicago, IL, so stop by today!